TERMS AND CONDITIONS Please read carefully
Please read carefully
- In these terms and conditions, “St. Bart’s”, “we”, and “our” refers to St. Bart’s Day Nurseries at St. Bart’s House, 17 Dover Road, The Firs, 114 Dover Road, Smiles, 23 Foads Hill, Cliffsend, and the Out of School Centre, St. Barts Road. Our head office is at 17 Dover Road, Sandwich, and the owners are Ms Liz Norris and Dr Terry Hooper. “Parents” or “you” refers to the parents, carers or the person responsible for any child registered at St. Bart’s Day Nurseries and “children” or “child” refers to any child that is currently registered at St. Bart’s Day Nurseries. “Settings” refers to one of our nurseries or the Out of School Centre.
- Our nursery fees apply to times between our regular hours of 7:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday. Our Holiday Club fees apply to times between our regular hours of 8:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Our Before & After Care fees apply to times between our regular hours of 7:30am to beginning of school, and end of school to either 5:00pm or to 6:30pm (5:30pm at Smiles) respectively. We can accommodate extra hours at the extra cost of £12 per half hour of part thereof. If you require care outside of these times we will do our best to help. Please ask our manager if you wish to take advantage of this.
- Fees are payable in advance by direct debit on 25th day of each calendar month, or in cash before the 1st of the month. A late payment fee of 15% will be levied on fees received after the 7th of the month.
- Our day nursery fees are calculated for 49 weeks per year. This allows for two weeks’ holiday per year, regardless of the number of days taken, together with the days between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day inclusive. The nurseries are open throughout the year except for bank holidays and the Christmas period, as just noted. To arrive at our monthly fee, we multiply the weekly rate by 49 and divide by 12. This means you pay a regular monthly amount irrespective of the number of weekends, bank holidays or absences due to holidays/illness. We are unable to give credits for absence no matter what the cause, as staffing levels remain constant. In the event of the closure of any of our settings on the instruction of the Health Protection Agency, Kent County Council or any other Government Body as a result of human infectious disease we will refund your fees from the date of closure until we re-open. Those wanting nursery care for school term time only will be charged fees for 42 weeks per year, to keep the child’s place over the holidays. Our fees are divided into two bands (i) under 2.5 years, and (ii) over 2.5 years at St Bart's House and The Firs, (i) under 2 years, and (ii) over 2 years at Smiles. In the interests of consistency, you will be charged the lower rate in the calendar month FOLLOWING your child attaining the upper age band. Daily rates for extra sessions will be similarly applied. Our fees for day care and out of school care are normally revised on 1 September each year.
- Our holiday club fees are charged on a daily/weekly basis in advance.
- Our Before and After School care fees are calculated for 39/36 weeks per year. This covers the standard school year in the public and private sectors respectively. To arrive at our monthly fee we multiply the weekly rate by 39 or 36 and divide by 10, with no fees payable for July and August. This means you pay a regular monthly amount over the 10 months irrespective of the number of weekends, bank holidays or absences due to holidays/illness. As noted above we are unable to give credits for absence no matter what the cause.
- Extra sessions can be booked for your child(ren) if we have space. These are charged at the half or full day rate, and will be added to your direct debit charge in the following month. You will of course be notified of the amount(s) and dates of collection. These charges are payable even if you do not use the space since we will have had to turn others away.
- Please let us know by 9:30am if your child(ren) is going to be absent for the day so that we do not waste food, etc. We reserve the right to send home any child if this is best for the child or other children.
- If you wish to register your child with St. Bart’s or to go on our waiting list, please fill in the registration form online and pay the registration fee of £50.00 by clicking on the ‘Buy Now’ button underneath the form, and writing your surname in the payment reference. Alternatively, you can pick up a registration form from one of the settings, fill it in and return it with an enclosed cash payment to St. Bart’s Day Nurseries. Alternatively, the registration fee can be paid by bank transfer. This registration fee is non-refundable.
- Once we have offered a place which you wish to accept, you will be asked to pay one month’s fees in advance to confirm and guarantee the place, WITHIN ONE WEEK OF THE DATE OF THE OFFER. Places are only guaranteed on receipt of this one month’s fees in advance. If you subsequently decide not to take up this place or to make changes of any sort, even if your child(ren) has not yet joined us, this advance fee is non-refundable. Please note that in securing a place in this way we have had to turn away someone else.
- Notice of leaving must be given, in writing, one CALENDAR month in advance. A full month’s fees are payable even if this notice is not given or a part month is affected. The month is calculated from the day we receive the notice. If therefore we receive notice on 8th July to leave on 8th August, full fees are payable until 31st August. To avoid this situation you should give notice on 30th June. You will then only be charged for the extra days from 1st-8th August.
- Please let us know if you move house or employer, or if your phone number or marital status changes.
- It is assumed that St. Bart’s Day Nurseries have permission for all children to be taken outside the premises and for them to be taken on appropriate walks locally. If you do not wish your child to be involved in any particular activities you must let us know in writing. These excursions are covered by our outings procedure, which is contained in our Operational Plan folder, which can be inspected in the entrance halls of our settings. Outings other than those specified as local will be notified to you in advance.
- We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue a child’s place if any fees are unpaid or parents/carers are in breach of any of these terms and conditions, or we think this action is necessary in the interests of other children or of the setting.
- In the event of a failure to pay fees we reserve the right to pursue both parents/carers for settlement. Should the matter be subject to a Court Summons, we shall issue such against both parents/carers. We reserve the right to add the costs involved in collecting unpaid fees.
- Our registration of your child at one of our nurseries, St. Bart’s Day nurseries and the staff employed by us will act in loco parentis for the time your child is in our care, both on and off the premises, until you or your chosen representative collects the child. If your child is ill, has an accident or some other emergency arises, St. Bart’s has the right to take such action as we think necessary, including arranging medical treatment, the administering of anaesthetics and hospitalisation if necessary, even if you have not yet been informed. Please ensure that if this is not your wish for religious or other reasons that you have made this clear on the admissions form.
- If your child becomes unwell at nursery we will make every effort to contact you. Please make sure we have a contact number for you during nursery hours.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted to collect your child unless that person is the parent. If someone other than the parent/carer is collecting your child, please let us know who it is in advance, and if they are not known to us give them the password. This is very important for the safety of your child. In the event that you have to phone us about collection, you will be taken through our telephone security procedure a copy of which is contained in the Operational Plan. The nursery takes no responsibility for children travelling to or from the nursery by taxi, with or without an escort.
- ALL VEHICLES PARKED ON OUR PREMISES ARE PARKED AT THE OWNERS; RISK.
- VALUABLES SENT INTO NURSERY OR LEFT HERE ARE DONE SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE CHILDREN ARE TAKEN REGULARLY TO SHOW THE RANGE OF THEIR ACTIVITIES, AND THESE MAY BE USED FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES, INCLUDING DISPLAYS, NEWSPAPERS, CLINICS AND ON OUR WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH FOR YOUR CHILD TO BE INCLUDED IN SUCH DISPLAYS, PLEASE LET US KNOW IN WRITING.